The first “Eurovision” contest of the year is taking place today! “Junior Eurovision 2020” will be streamed live from Warsaw, Poland today at 20:00 Baku time!
The “Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2020” will be the 18th edition of the annual “Junior Eurovision Song Contest”. The contest will be held in Warsaw, Poland, following the country’s victory at the 2019 contest. This will be the first time the contest is held in the same country for two consecutive years.
Twelve countries will participate in the contest which is the smallest number of participants since the 2013 contest, with Germany participating for the first time:
- Germany: Susan – Stronger With You
- Kazakhstan: Karakat Bashanova – Forever
- The Netherlands: Unity – Best Friends
- Serbia: Petar Anicic – Heartbeat
- Belarus : Arina Pehtereva – Aliens
- Poland: Alicja Tracz – I’ll Be Standing
- Georgia: Sandra Gadelia – You Are Not Alone
- Malta : Chanel Monseigneur – Chasing Sunsets
- Russia: Sofia Feskova – My New Day
- Spain: Soleà – Palante
- Ukraine: Oleksandr Balabanov – Vidkryvai
- France: Valentina – J’imagine
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic most of the countries have recorded their performance from the studios in their countries excluding Malta, Poland and Ukraine which traveled to Warsaw and performed on the actual stage.
Despite the situation all the contestants will be able to join the live show from their countries as tele-bridge will be created. We will be able to see the first reaction of the artists to the points they will get from the voting.
There is also a small change in the announcement method. Instead of leaving the highest 12 points for the end, now spokerpersons will announce them in the beginning after which the rest of points will be shown on the scoreboard.
Opening & Interval Acts
- Teenage Dancers;
- Common Song (by Groome);
- Viki Gabor (“Junior Eurovision 2019 Winner”);
- Duncan Laurence (“Eurovision 2019 Winner”);
- Alicja Szemplinska (Poland at “Eurovision 2020”).
Voting lines which are open now will be closed as the show starts and will be opened once again after all the contestants performed their songs.
Source: Junior Eurovision