Maltese broadcaster announced the twelve finalists of the Malta Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2020 with the titles of their songs.
The winning artist from the twelve finalists will be representing Malta in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest, which will be held in Poland next November.
The list of contestants to represent the country:
1. Leah Cauchi – Angli;
2. Leah Mifsud – Anywhere;
3. Isaac Tom – Beside Me;
4. Mariah Cefai – Change the Silence;
5. Chanel Monseigneur – Chasing Sunsets;
6. Yulan Law and Gianluca Cilia – Deck of Cards;
7. Kaya Gouder Curmi – Made of Stars;
8. Emma Cutajar – Modern-Day Cinderella;
9. Anneka Xerri – Moving;
10. Zaira Mifsud and Eksenia Sammut – Only Live Once;
11. Michela Caruana – Replay;
12. Mychael Bartolo Chircop – The Child from Inside.
During next 2 weeks broadcaster PBS will film the performances of contestants and then make it public. The winner will be determined by jury and public voting. The name of the Malta’s representative will be announced at the end of September.
One of the contetsants, Gianluca Cilia has already represented his country once, back in 2017. This year he competes together with Yulan Law. If duo wins the selection Gianluca will be the second (first was Lerika in 2011 and 2012) person in history of competition to return the contest.